Friday, January 22, 2010

Bungy Jump off Kawarau Bridge...DONE!



For a year I have been talking about and mentally preparing myself for bungy jumping in Queenstown. Queenstown is the adventure capital of the world and home of bungy jumping. Parker has jumped before so he passed. Yesterday, I got in line to book my jump and chickened out. I am not ashamed to admit it, the thought of jumping frightens me. I would rather skydive again, a hundred times, before I bungy. I have never walked away from anything because it scared me, so in the end I had no choice. Besides, there is nowhere else I would consider jumping, so it was now or never. Today, I jumped off Kawarau Bridge, the world's first bungy site. It was scary but Freakin' Awesome!!! Bungy in Queenstown - done and done!!!


We have been in Queenstown for four days. This little town is on steroids. It is on beautiful Lake Wakatipu. The town is buzzing with tourists, and on the water you will find jet boats, sailboats and kayakers. When you look up you will see para-gliders and people jumping off the ledge on top of the mountain. We have gotten our fill of fish and chips. Parker finally found some real beer and amazing pizza at Dux De Lux. And we discovered Fergburger's, the best burgers in Queenstown and the best we've ever had. Somehow we are leaving town still on budget! It has been a little shocking walking into such a bustling town after being in the quite mountains but we have definately enjoyed this adrenaline haven.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That looks like so much fun! Hitting the end of the bungee must be a bit "jolting" but hey, might help your back. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Celeste!!! You realize you are in paradise right now??? The pictures you posted are just breath taking! So glad to know you have some travel buddies! Thanks for keeping us posted and updated! Love you guys!
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW !!! Good for you for conquering your fear and doing the bungy jump :) I'm sure you'll never forget it. Glad you guys are doing well. You both look SO happy. I hope you have continued safe travels. BTW Celeste I recognize your red shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys!

    The bungy thing was so silly. Thank goodness that's done and out of the way now!

    RK: my AustinFit shirt keeps me going on the tough days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Trampers!!!
    Your pictures are f-ing amazing! I wish we were there with you. Soon...
    Thanks for calling. I don't know why we got disconnected, but it was so nice to hear from you! Hope all is well :) Celeste, I hope you had an amazing birthday!!
    Melissa James

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parker and CelesteApril 5, 2010 at 6:56 PM

    Thanks Melissa. Wish you were here also. We'll see you and Jason soon enough. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete