Monday, September 6, 2010

3 Months In the Philippines and Our 300th Day Off



Today is our last day in the Philippines and our 300th day off. Unbelievable.

The Philippines has always been the inspiration for my desire to see the world. Knowing I had family on the other side of the world expanded my imagination. It was also the catalyst for our super vacation knowing we wanted to stay longer than a two week vacation.

For three months we lived in a little duplex my mom owns. It felt great to unpack for a while. In our time here we learned a new language, learned how to play the guitar, planned our trip through the end of the year and we happily packed on a few pounds for Nepal.

Most importantly, Parker and I got to spend time with my family. My mom was here with us for two months, which was so awesome. I can not express how special this time has been for me. My family and I picked up where we left off and they absolutely loved Parker. It's a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by aunts, uncles and cousins. We spent most of my time at my Aunt Eugene and Uncle Modesto's house (pictured). They spoiled us rotten. It was hard to leave but I'm grateful to have the time we had and we look forward to another visit. All of our saving, planning and hard work was worth every day we had with family.

We are packed, rested and excited about the next leg of our journey.

On the September 7th, we are going to Singapore to eat for four days. We will then head to Thailand to soak up the sun before we head to Nepal at the end of October. We will be hiking for two months and will end 2010 somewhere in the Himalayas.

Thank you Mom and family for the beautiful memories.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys~ keep it coming, I love being able to live this journey vicariously thru the two of you! You guys are on an incredible adventure that you will be able to pass on memories for many years to come as I am sure you know. I hope our paths will cross again and give us time to catch up on this journey that you have taken.

    Best wishes,
    Gary

    ReplyDelete